RSS

Curry Prawn

Curry Prawn
Ingredients
500g prawn
chopped shallots
tomatoes
Curry leaves
1 stalk of lemon grass
corn flour 
Oil for deep frying

Seasoning
1 tbsp of curry powder + 1 tbsp of water to make into paste
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1/2 of oyster sauce
500ml of milk

Method:
  1. De-vein the prawn and coat the prawn with a thin coat of corn flour.
  2. Heat the wok and oil, add curry leave and  deep fried the prawn till just cooked.
  3. Heat up the frying pan, add shallot, lemon grass and curry paste.
  4. Add the rest of the seasoning and lastly the milk to mix well.
  5. Add in the prawn and coat each of it with the sauce.
  6. Dish up and serve.

Afternote:
I have my preserved when cooking chinese dishes with milk. I dun know will it still have the milk taste aftertaste. Fortunately, the curry taste cover up the milk taste and it turn out to be a delicious curry sauce. I added an extra spoonful of my Chilis Ulek that I made a week earlier because I want the sauce to be turned up the heat a bit. 

My hubby said the sauce will go well with fish head, because he doesnt really take prawn. Mother in Law said the same thing too so overall the dishes is still well received. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: